Valuation, Forensic & Litigation
Leading attorneys, business owners, banks, insurance companies, in-house counsel and the judiciary lean on us to help navigate through the intricacies of any matter. Whether you’re engaged in litigation, investing potential fraud, Alternative Dispute Resolution or just trying to find a solution to a complex financial situation, turn to the Valuation, Forensic & Litigation Advisors at Sax.
Our depth of expertise in valuations and matrimonial cases allows us to offer the following complementary services to assist clients and their legal counsel:
- Income and Cash Flow Analysis
- Lifestyle Analyses
- Budget Analyses
- Net Worth Statements
- Business Valuation
- Forensic Accounting
- Asset Tracing
- Mediation and Settlement Assistance
- Assistance in Development of Separation Agreements
- Brief Drafts
- Critique of Opposition
- Depositions, Pre-trial, Direct & Cross Examinations
- Expert Testimony
- Question Development for Depositions, Pre-Trial Direct and Cross-Examination
- Critique of Opposition
There are many different reasons a valuation might be required throughout the life of your business, and Sax has the services and expertise to meet the needs of each stage:
- Matrimonial — Our comprehensive valuation reports, based on an extensive due diligence process, are regularly adopted by courts in matrimonial cases. Sax professionals have specialized training and experience in the valuation of closely held businesses and professional practices, two of the most significant assets in marital estates.
- Estate and Gift Tax — Our valuation services include appraisals of ownership interests in closely held companies, resolution of valuation disputes with taxing authorities and facilitation of ownership succession plans. These offerings can be used in conjunction with Sax’s comprehensive estate planning, tax planning, and estate/gift tax return filing services.
- Mergers and Acquisitions — Our M&A valuation services assist both buyers and sellers in assessing the true value of the seller’s business. We further represent buyers’ interests by providing support for the offering price, performing due diligence on their behalf, and advising on legal provisions during the contract preparation phase.
- Dissenting Shareholder Actions — We provide valuation services and related expert testimony in dissenting and/or oppressed shareholders’ actions.
- Stock Options — We provide valuation services of qualified and non-qualified stock options. We also compute the marital/separate apportionment of the value.
Economic Damage Analysis
Legal counsel relies on our seasoned experts in economic damage cases for assistance in the following areas:
- Development of questioning for interrogatories, pre-trial examinations, and direct and cross examination for all relevant financial issues
- Participation in settlement conferences and assistance with settlement negotiations
- Serving as the financial expert in mediation and other forms of ADR
We perform economic damage analysis and provide expert testimony relative to losses stemming from:
- Arson and Fraud
- Business Interruption
- Commercial Fraud
- Construction Claims
- Contract Disputes
- Employment Discrimination
- Intellectual Property Infringement
- Other Commercial and Civil Damages
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability Claims
- Worker’s Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Forensic Accounting and Fraud
Fraud and financial misstatements are major concerns for every business and organization, regardless of size or industry. Our forensic accountants and certified fraud examiners can help any company protect their financial integrity through our comprehensive selection of specialized services:
- Fraud and Financial Investigations
- We assist in criminal and civil matters involving embezzlements, breach of fiduciary duty, financial statement fraud, arson and fraud, business interruption, construction claims, bribery, corruption, larceny, misconduct, misappropriations, conflicts of interest, and organizational fraud, domestically and internationally.
- Our services include earnings management review, forensic accounting, forensic analysis of tax returns and reconstruction of financial data
- Fraud Deterrence — Related services include operational reviews, fraud risk assessments, internal control assessments and internal staff training on how to detect and deter fraudulent activities.
- Expert Testimony — Our forensic accounting and forensic economic experts have been providing testimony in contentious and/or litigious financial matters for many years at the federal, state and local levels.
All of our highly-respected experts bring an objective, fair and detail-oriented process to litigation, negotiations, settlements, cases of fraud and more.