The ups and downs of owning a business and managing your finances call for a knowledgeable partner who can help you overcome challenges and achieve long-term success. Sax advisors work with clients to help them make informed decisions, remain compliant, streamline processes and meet their unique business objectives in an ever-changing business environment.
A partnership with Sax gives clients the freedom to focus on their business and leave their accounting and financial reporting needs to us. Our expertise in a variety of niche industries gives our clients added confidence that our work will help move their business forward.
Sax advisors consult clients at every stage of the business cycle, such as:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate transactions
- Business financing
- Operational reviews
- Business succession
- Business valuation
Sax’s Profitability Enhancement program is designed to help increase your profits and shareholder value by identifying practical income improvement and expense-reduction opportunities. We examine your current business operations to bring you solutions for:
- Improved income and expense controls
- Improved earnings
- Reduced labor costs
- Improved cross-training
- Improved operating efficiencies
Business Succession Planning
Whether retirement is just on the horizon or many years away, business owners should take the steps now to prepare for a seamless transition of ownership and preservation of wealth. The absence of a strategic succession plan could result in extensive financial losses for you and hefty estate taxes for your heirs when you are ready to transition the company to a family member or buyer.
Sax expertly walks you through the succession planning process and helps you establish a succession strategy that will preserve your family’s wealth, protect the future of your business, and put your mind at ease.
Geared to closely-held business owners and family-owned businesses, our succession planning services include:
- Expansion plans
- Fringe benefit planning
- Designing qualified plans
- Profit-sharing plan administration
- Executive compensation planning
- Incentive compensation planning
Strategies for accessing business capital are important at every stage of the business cycle. Our advisors prepare you to be ready for any business financing need, such as:
- Start-up capital for expenses
- Purchase of new equipment
- Working capital for day-to-day or seasonal needs
- Growth or expansion capital to take advantage of market opportunities
- Consolidation of existing obligations to improve operating margins
- Refinancing existing debt to boost bottom-line profitability
Sax is connected to an extensive network of professionals in the financial and banking community and will walk you through the process of exploring your options and making the best funding decisions for your needs. We do this by:
- Identifying financing options, including debt instruments
- Finding the most favorable rates and terms
- Developing bank relationships
- Restructuring current business financing
- Creating a long-range financial plan compatible with your long-term goals
- Preparing a written financial proposal and accompanying you to lenders
Having the right internal controls in place lays the foundation for a successful and stress-free audit. Sax advisors review internal control procedures and make recommendations for improved design and processes. We help clients develop a system of “checks and balances” to avoid fraud, non-compliance and inaccurate representation of cash flow, assets and debt.
Developing financial statements and having an audit performed are critical components of running a business but if your internal controls are not functioning properly, there could be a problem. Without a secure internal control structure in place, your business may be susceptible to fraud, embezzlement, inaccurate representation of cash flow, assets, and debt. You need a solid system of “checks and balances” for your financial and management staff that will allow your business to continue to flourish.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Sax advisors can help clients navigate the risky acquisition process by performing a pre-acquisition review and exposing critical business issues and areas of concern before it’s too late, such as:
- Product lines and markets
- Operations, including plant facilities, production, purchasing, inventories, and costing
- Human resources
- Management styles and practices
- Research and development
- Legal matters
- Financial considerations, such as:
- Operating results
- Due diligence on earnings
- Cash flow projection analysis
- Balance review sheet
- Financing and capital structure
- Financial management
- Data processing
- Insurance and taxes
- Contingent liabilities
- Return on investment
- Break even analysis
The Benefits of a Pre-Acquisition
The benefits of a pre-acquisition include:
- An assessment of the risk involved in a potential acquisition.
- Verification of selected assets.
- Identification of unrecorded or contingent liabilities.
- Information relevant to structuring and pricing the acquisition.
A comprehensive and objective review of your business operations or a specific segment of your organization can be used to identify and address problems, such as:
- Lack of profitability
- Inefficient operations
- Inadequate systems
Sax performs customized operational reviews to make your unique business as efficient, productive, and profitable as possible. This is accomplished by:
- Conducting independent field work.
- Providing an objective and systematic review of your organization’s activities, systems, operations, structure, goals and strategies.
- Delivering a comprehensive report that includes our observations and recommendations for improvement, with a plan for implementation.
No business is too small to implement a strategic business plan and chart a course for long-term success. By proactively looking at the big, long-term picture and enabling your management to excel, your organization can succeed even in the most challenging phases of the business cycle.
Our advisors provide expert insight and guidance on creating and achieving a corporate vision, reinventing business models and executing mergers and acquisitions, among other strategic planning services.