Mar 16 Sax’s Response to COVID-19
As concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to rise, information and transparency are of the utmost importance. At Sax, we continue to effectively work through our tax season and want to address how we are handling this situation with regards to our firm’s team members, offices and clients.
- We are monitoring the CDC’s developments regarding the spread and impact of the virus. Our firm is working within the CDC’s recommended guidelines, and the guidelines of health departments in the regions in which we operate.
- We have taken proactive measures to ensure operational effectiveness, such as updating travel policies and encouraging healthy hygiene habits.
- Effective with the close of business on Monday, March 16, we are enacting a remote work from home policy across our firm which will run through Friday, April 17. We may extend that date if we feel it is prudent to do so. Sax employees have been leveraging our remote-working technology for quite some time and we expect limited impact on our ability to serve the needs of our clients.
- Effective with the close of business on Monday, March 16, our offices are closed, and in-person meetings are to be held virtually. While our physical offices are closed, we are working remotely. We encourage our clients and team members to leverage our tools and resources accessible for virtual meetings (via phone, video conferencing, etc.) whenever needed.
- We encourage our clients to submit their tax information electronically through our secure Client Portal to remotely share files with us.
- We encourage clients to utilize our secure SaxApp as an alternative way to submit documents by snapping and sending a picture. Just download from the Apple App Store or Android Play Store.
- We will be sorting mail daily throughout the next two weeks. We will continue to receive any tax information previously sent to us. FedEx or mail are fine to use moving forward if preferred, however, electronic submission through the Sax App or Client Portal is preferred for speed and efficiency.
Sax has a robust business continuity plan in place for our operations in the coming weeks and/or months. We are confident in our ability to maintain a high level of service without interruption, while ensuring our employees remain healthy and safe.
The Coronavirus outbreak is disrupting business-as-usual activity for companies around the world. Our highest priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our team members, clients, families and friends of the firm. We will continue to keep a close eye on local and national trends pertaining to COVID-19 and will provide updates to our team members and clients when necessary.