Ermal Luzaj, CPA, MBA
Ermal joined Sax in 2002 and has more than a decade of accounting, auditing and financial management experience serving clients in the firm’s Construction and Financial Service Industry Groups. He coordinates and oversees the activities of both teams, including staff training, development of efficiencies, and organizing seminars and discussion groups on latest technical developments and important issues. Ermal speaks frequently at firm and industry-sponsored events on various topics and has also been published in widely-circulated business publications.
His areas of expertise include:
- Assurance, Consulting and Tax Services
- Bonding Capacity and Bank Line Consulting
- Cash Flow and Profitability Improvement
Ermal is a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Montclair State University
- Master’s degree in Finance, Montclair State University
- President of the Surety Association of New Jersey (2010-2012) and current member
- Member of the New York City Surety Association
- Member of the Construction Industry of CPAs/Consultants Association
- Member of the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Member of the Utility and Transportation Contractors Association (UTCA)
- Member of the American Subcontractors Association of New Jersey, Inc.
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer
> CLOSE BIO
W. Michael Curry, CPA, CCIFP
Michael Curry, CPA, CCIFP joined Sax in 2015 as a Partner in the firm’s rapidly growing Construction Industry Service Group providing accounting, auditing, tax, and advisory services that meet the unique needs and challenges of the construction industry. He has over 20 years of experience servicing CM’s; general contractors including civil, interior, heavy highway, and site work contractors; subcontracting trades; and construction equipment and leasing companies.
Michael’s expertise includes audit, review, compilation and tax accounting and advisory services to the firm’s construction clients as well as consulting and presenting on such topics as: best practices in auditing and preparing construction financial statements, construction accounting, analyzing financial statements, business management, cash flow management, detecting construction fraud, and fiscal and integrity monitoring.
Michael is a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey and New York.
Michael is a life-long resident of Atlantic Highlands, NJ where he donates his time as a little league coach and volunteer, presently as an appointed member of the Atlantic Highlands Environmental Commission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, The College of New Jersey
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional
- Member of the Board of Directors and 2015-2017 President of the Construction Financial Management Association of New Jersey
- Member of the Construction Financial Management Association of New York City
- Member of the New York City Surety Association and the Surety Association of New Jersey
- Member of the Utility and Transportation Contractors Association
- Member of the New Jersey Subcontractors Association
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Institute for Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (ICCIFP)
> CLOSE BIO
Joseph A. Damiano, CPA
Joseph joined Sax in 1995 and was appointed Co-Managing Partner in 2015. He is responsible for leading Sax’s strategic growth initiatives, staff development and overall management of the firm. Joseph has 20 years of experience in accounting, auditing and tax services, most recently serving as Partner-in-Charge of the Sax Construction Industry Service group. In this role, he specialized in helping general, heavy-highway and specialty-trade contractors build more profitable and valuable companies.
Joseph also serves on the Sax Compensation Committee and Executive Committee. He is a past President and current member of the New York City Surety Association and an active member and supporter of the following associations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Garden State Credit Associates (GSCA)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Utility and Transportation Contractors Association (UTCA)
- Surety Association of New Jersey (SANJ)
- American Subcontractors Association of New Jersey (ASANJ)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Iona College
Joseph is a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey. A resident of Warren Township, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, and is an avid Yankees fan.
> CLOSE BIO
Frank Pawlowski, CPA
Frank Pawlowski joined Sax after the 2017 acquisition of Hunter Group LLC where he led as Co-Managing Director. Frank specializes in the accounting, auditing and advisory needs of the firm’s closely-held and family business clients.
Frank is a Certified Public Accountant in New York and New Jersey.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Public Accounting, Pace University
- Member, Former President, Haledon Rotary Club
> CLOSE BIO