Jun 25 Hear from the Professionals on June 28: How Tax Reform Will Impact Nonprofit Organizations
Marking the largest overhaul of a United States tax policy in years, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “Act”) was signed into law on December 22, 2017. There are many provisions in the Act and subsequent legislation that greatly impacts nonprofit organizations. Hear what industry experts have to say on this matter as they dive into the areas that most affect tax-exempt organizations and donor/charitable giving.
Join Sax LLP, leading accounting, tax and advisory firm, Schenck Price Smith & King, full-service law firm, and the Paterson Alliance, member-led nonprofit organization serving the Paterson, NJ community, as our expert panelists explore the significant changes impacting the nonprofit sector and key steps organizations should consider in order to tackle these changes head on.
Key areas of discussion will include:
- Overview of Tax Reform and its Impact on Nonprofits
- New Excise Tax on Compensation of Highly Compensated Employees
- New Standard Deduction, Corporate Tax Rate + Key Changes Affecting Nonprofits
- Changes to Unrelated Business Taxable Income
- New Excise Tax on Certain Endowments
- New Charitable Contribution Limits
- Changes to Private Foundation Excess Business Holding Rules
Thursday, June 28, 2018 | 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
New Jersey Community Development Corporation Youth Center
52 Front Street | Paterson, NJ 07522