Mar 29 A New Effectiveness Movement for Nonprofits: Obtaining and Responding to Beneficiary Feedback
As a nonprofit, you are familiar with donor facing platforms such as Charity Navigator, BBB Wise Giving Alliance and Candid (formerly GuideStar) which serve as rating agencies for the nonprofit sector. These platforms are informed by financial, governance, and program related data that nonprofits report on themselves as donors explore these sites to identify issues and organizations they wish to support.
What’s been missing? Today, there is a movement to obtain feedback directly from the beneficiaries of a nonprofit’s services and products to get a full, 360-degree view of an organization’s impact. One method for sharing this data is through a new Organization Self-Reflection Framework on feedback practice that will be published on donor facing platforms before Giving Tuesday this year.
Please join Sax’s Nonprofit Group on Tuesday, May 7 as we gather for a panel with “The Irritants” and get a first-hand look at the new proposed feedback reporting process. The Irritants is a group of like-minded nonprofit leaders who have banded together on their own volition to provide nonprofits with the knowledge and tools to collect feedback from constituents as a means to improve nonprofit service delivery and reporting on program results.
The discussion will include:
- The importance of beneficiary feedback in program evaluation and improvement
- An early look at the framework being published on donor facing platforms
- An understanding of how the framework will be incorporated on donor facing platforms
- An opportunity to provide questions and feedback on the reporting process
- Michael Thatcher, President & CEO of Charity Navigator
- Mari Kuraishi, President of The Jessie Ball duPont Fund
- Art Taylor, President & CEO of Give.org
- Sasha Dichter, Chief Innovation Officer at Acumen
- Brad Dudding, Chief Impact Officer at The Center for Employment Opportunities
Tuesday, May 7 || 8:00 – 10:30 am
Vanderbilt Suites || 200 Park Ave, New York City
For questions or more information, please contact Jessica Peralta at [email protected] or (973) 554-6103.
Thank you to our event sponsor!